4 weeks / 6 hours per week
About This Course
It covers the fundamentals generally taught in a one-semester introductory course in developmental psychology or human development, including the infancy, childhood, adolescence, adulthood, and aging.
Our goal as creators of this course is to prepare you to pass the College Board's CLEP examination and obtain college credit for free.
“Human Growth and Development” is a completely self-paced course. It has no prerequisites and it is offered entirely for free.
How is this course organized?
This course is organized into twelve major modules that contain short video lessons, exercises and reading.
All of the course material has been released at once so you can complete it anytime.
What do I need to pass the CLEP exam?
You need to demonstrate an understanding of the major theories and research related to the broad categories of physical development, cognitive development, and social development.
The exam contains approximately 90 questions to be answered in 90 minutes. Please examine our syllabus.
How does this course differ from other CLEP textbooks and traditional courses?
This online course includes a carefully structured series of video lectures and exercises taught by a top quality university professor.
Navigating Through Our Platform
Join the Community
1. Theoretical Perspectives
2. Research Strategies and Methodology
3. Biological Development Throughout the Life Span
4. Perceptual Development Throughout the Life Span
5. Cognitive Development Throughout the Life Span
6. Language Development
7. Intelligence Throughout the Life Span
8. Social Development Throughout the Life Span
9. Family, Home, and Society Throughout the Life Span
10. Personality and Emotion
11. Schooling, Work, and Interventions
12. Developmental Psychopathology
Sample CLEP Questions
Questions 1 - 15
Questions 16 - 30
Questions 31 - 45
Questions 46 - 60
Questions 61 - 75
Questions 76 - 90
How Your Score Is Computed